Monday, July 6, 2015

Patio Vera (Calumpang, Marikina City)

I have recently discovered the use of the Zomato App where in you can search by cuisine, by place, by type of restaurant, and many more (follow me there!). I searched for "romantic" places around the Metro and I saw Patio Vera. I heard about it through KrisTv, my sister, and my friends too so I thought it might be worth the drive.
The restaurant has an indoor and outdoor area. This outdoor tent is perfect for big groups.
Shrimp Rebosado with Aioli dip (not in menu). I like the crust used for the shrimps but the aioli dip lacks the garlic taste.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup (P115). Makes me remember my own mother's pumpkin soup. 


Crab and Mango Salad (P275). They added wasabi in their japanese mayo dressing which made the dish tasting more authentic japanese.  



Steak and Prawns (P535) The steak was served medium rare (the way I like it!) but quite dry- seems like it was not served right after it was cooked. They used the same marinade with the shrimps- I love it. It melts in the mouth. The mashed potato was also good, it has the gritty texture that I like.



Tres Leches Cake (P165).  Its dense, sweet, and milky. I'm not a fan of Tres Leches cake so this may not be my favorite cake but definitely one of the best Tres Leches cake in town.
Fried Halo-Halo. This was not the first time I've heard about fried halo halo which is like your turon ala mode only. Their version though was too sweet for my taste.

I love the ambiance of Patio Vera, its surely is a romantic place both for couples and for families. Make sure to do your reservations to get the best seats in the house!

and to my dashing date for that night- Happy fourth anniversary once again!

Patio Vera
70 Gen. F Santos St.,
Calumpang, Marikina City
091533999972, 2390615

No comments:

Post a Comment