Friday, August 21, 2015

Jeepney (Maginhawa St)

Few days before my classes started, I tagged along with my cousin to pick my niece from her dorm which was located a minute away from Maginhawa! That trip made me jealous that UST has no Maginhawa street to eat our way at. 
My cousin have always wanted to dine at Jeepney but since line queues were too long they opt to eat else where. I guess i'm their lucky charm since we're able to get a seat in just a few minutes. Hehehe
They had 'Sungka' for us to play with while waiting for our food. My mother with her game face on!
Pinakbet (P130). The serving was big. But what I liked the most was that the veggies were crunchy to eat.
Pork Sisig (P190). Good but not the best sisig for me since I like mine crispy and spicy. 
Boodle fight "Ayala" (P780) good for 2-4pax includes 4 cups of plain/bagoong/garlic rice, inihaw na Liempo, crispy shrimps, inihaw na Bangus, ensaladang talong with BLT, and ice tea.

The boodle fight set is actually sufficient for a group of four hungry people. Filipino food always tastes the same for me so its the quality of the ingredients and technique that will matter the most. The liempo was soft and juicy, the crispy shrimps can be eaten whole, and the Bangus had no 'lasang lupa' feels. 

The facade of the place is truly a place to rekindle our Filipino roots, don't you think? Good food + cute interesting decors= Definitely a must-go for everyone especially our balikbayans. So, To whoever thought of this concept, kudos to you!
And as i left the place, I saw manong dirty ice cream, of course I had to cap my meal with something Tatak Filipino too! Manong making pacute in the photo while me being kilig with my dirty ice cream.

What other places In Maginhawa should I try next ? :)  

View ttheir menu here.


No comments:

Post a Comment