Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sagada


I'm sure most of you has watched "That Thing Called Tadhana" where in the two (only) characters went on a soul searching- and ended up in Sagada. This movie has boosted the local tourism of the town that even I got enticed to visit. Sagada truly is a beauty at its simplest. I'm sure some of you would want to visit before your summer vacation ends (well, for me its just starting :( ). So, here was our itinerary:
We left Manila at midnight. We originally planned to have our breakfast in Baguio however, we arrived early past 4 o'clock and the restaurants were still closed so we proceeded to Sagada via Benguet.
The wonderful sunrise you get to see along the highway
It took us about 9-10 hours of travel time. Thank God for the newly constructed highway SCTEX and TPLEX. We were so tired of the journey that we decided to rest on our first day and was only able to visit Sagada weaving, Yogurt house, and Sagada Lemon Pie. Click here for Where to Eat in Sagada

The next day we went spelunking. We took the Cave connection (between Lumiang to Sumaging cave) route. It costs P400 per person.
If you know me personally, you would know that I have a fear of walking on steep areas (I feel like I'll just crumble down), so the whole time I was inside the cave I kept praying "Lord, magiging doctor pa po ako" hehehe
The entrance of Lumiang cave
Literally, rock bottom!!! We had to traverse across this rock formation with out any safety ropes!
Hehe! Super intense spelunking I broke my shoes into pieces.
Yippeee!! After long hours.... I see light!
Yes!
Definitely, spelunking is not for the faint of heart. I suggest bringing your own head light like us. Also, don't bring your children here yet. Safety first!

Later that afternoon, we visited the pottery. I honestly feel that this place is a rip off, we had to pay them P100 just for them to show us how pots are made. And an extra P200 per person if you want to try doing it yourself. Its not as if we get to bring the pots home nor waste the mud (its being reused on and on).
We then proceeded to Lake Danum to witness the sunset. Unfortunately, the clouds covered Mr. Sun.

The next day, my sister, brother-in-law, keon and my tita went on a hike to the waterfalls. I felt really tired from yesterday's activity (due to my lack of physical activity HAHA) so I decided to stay in the cottage we rented to study.
I heard the hike was long and tiring and the photos below just proves it!

Keon is too cute, isn't he?
It rained pretty hard so we opted to help out in coloring some hard boiled eggs instead.
The next day, we went to Kil Tepan (this is where Angelica kept shouting). Unfortunately (again!) Mr. Sun didn't show up.

We heard our Easter mass there and to our delight, Sagada had a twist to their celebration and had a little feast for all the mass go-ers. They served the hard boiled eggs!!

Before leaving Sagada, we visited the Echo Valley and Hanging Coffins. We paid P100 for a tour guide. So glad that the locals are very active in promoting their town.

Then off we go to the infamous Banaue Rice Terraces.

Overall, I like how peaceful and simple the life is in Sagada. People just walk from area to area (hence the tagline ' the walking town'). There are alot of cheap accommodations and restaurants. I love Sagada so much I would looooove to go back especially that I want to see Mr. Sun there!

No comments:

Post a Comment